Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

WHITE HOT

Hi dolls! Today's topic is WHITE how to wear it and when to wear it. I'm sure most of you have heard of the "you can't wear white after Labor Day" rule and while technically we aren't "breaking" the rule just yet, Labor Day IS just around the corner! After doing some research I found out that this "rule" has a few factors behind it, some practical some not so much. Back in the day people dressed much more formally than they do now, (aka no crop tops, no daisy dukes) so when the warmer months came around it was pretty standard for people to start sporting white, and when the cooler months began the white would be gone. But probably the biggest reason the "no white after Labor Day" rule exists is because back then status was everything, if you could afford to have summers off and spend time vacationing then you would definitely be sporting white.


Fast Forward to 2013, white is everywhere at any time and I LOVE it! I feel like now a days the rule is, there is no rule. If you feel like wearing white then wear it! I personally love the look of white jeans, something about them just screams classy and glamorous whether it be in the spring or in the winter.  The problem for me is that in order for me to pull off the look I need to wear a specific cut. I used to own a pair of flared white Express jeans that I lovedddd but I just could not make them work for me. I have a petite frame and those jeans would just swallow me. I tried pairing them with wedges, flats, heels, tanks, belts, blouses and NOTHING worked. I ended up giving them away, and taking a break from white jeans all together because I just couldn't find the right pair for me. Until I found the holy grail of white jeans (for me at least) a pair of skinnys from Armani Exchange (that only cost me $39 btw) and I live in those. They're just so versatile and they fit me like a glove. There is NO better feeling that finding a pair of jeans, any jeans, that fit JUST right. So I encourage you dolls to rock your best white hot look and embrace it,  I know it can be hard and even intimidating but nothing beats conquering something new and doing it with style. 

Xoxo Amy


Top: Banana Republic $14
Jeans: Armani Exchange $39
Shoes: Forever21 $32
Bag: Steve Madden
Watch: Michael Kors
Necklace: Rue 21




 


No comments:

Post a Comment